Lucinda B&B ..... past & present
Lucinda B&B was built by Dr. William Robert Stewart in 1891as a private residence. The property was originally called Weroona by Dr. Stewart. The property still has many original tree plantings within the remaining 4 acres of land. Lucinda has beautiful ornate plasterwork throughout the premises which is rare in private homes built around this era.
The Tasmanian Government purchased Weroona in 1959 and reopened it as "Weroona Girls Training Centre". The property remained a girls home until the mid 1970's. The property was renamed "Lucinda" after the girls home was closed by the Tasmanian Government. The name Lucinda comes from an old pioneer of Latrobe, Lucinda Moriarty.
Lucinda was purchased from the Tasmanian Government by Michael & Mary Wilson in the early 1980's. They carried out a complete refurbishment of the property and turned Lucinda into a popular restaurant with accommodation upstairs.
Lucinda was purchased by the present owners Fiona & Glenn Waddle in 1999 & continues to be a popular B&B in the Latrobe municipality.